Saturday 9 December 2006

Clive_Evil_C's Vs Someone

I'm not proud of myself today blog, today at work I came closest yet to handing in my notice and skipping away in a manic laughter at the delight of quiting the place. Previously at work I tried to get Christmas Eve off with 4 weeks notice, surely that's enough time, no apparently they need to six weeks notice, I've got over that huff, i should have known and tried to get the day off sooner, although I did say "BUGGER" rather loudly infront of the manager when she told me that.

So my plans for christmas are to go home christmas eve (I cheekily phoned home and subtelty placed the stepping stones to my dad to pick me up, well I phoned home, so I'm a good son, don't judge!). Today I looked at the planner and found that my bastard of a weekend job had put me down to work Boxing day. Like fuck I was going to come back from Sussex at the cost of £14 quid to earn about £30 on boxing day, so in a manner which I handled extremly badly noticing two members of management in the office I asked "WHY HAVE I BEEN PUT DOWN FOR BOXING DAY?" (Okay, I didn't shout, but nor did I say it in a polite manner).

I can't quite remeber my whole arguement, but basically the explanation I got from them was because I was on a temporary christmas contract and was expected to work boxing day. This is what pissed me off. I'm not on a temporary contract, I may be on a probaitional contract, or was as I've passed my three month probationary contract or something (I don't know, I have fucking useless management who don't explain things properly to me), I was hired in August, what fucking stores hires temporary christmas staff August? Like in most cases I always think of the best things to say in situations after the event. But I told managment I was not on a temporary christmas job, I was on a weekend job, at no point in the job advert, the job interview or my induction was I fucking informed that this was a temporary christmas job. I was told this was a weekend job. Boxing Day... A.K.A Tuesday the 26th of December is not in my contracted hours. So I was informed I had to swap it with someone. I'm not matey enough with anyone in the place to ask anyone to swap a day they've got off with me, some of the staff are nice there, I won't ask anyone to do that, this is managments fuck up they won't rectify, no one else is taking the fall. I pointed out that I would be home, but didn't care to point out home isn't fucking Reading but fucking Sussex (here to be precise, well not that precise). It just kept going round in circle, me being told I'm on a temporary christmas contract and that I'd have to swap. Also I was told that at the interview I should have infromed them of any holiday I had booked, so basically in fucking August when my main concern was to get a job to earn some money for uni not fucking christmas, I was supposed to ask for boxing day off? Even if I were too, like fuck they would make a note of it, they would completly forget, hell my application form is probaby been scrapped. I can't remember, but I'm sure I stormed out the office to go on lunch in a bad mood ranting away to my friend and wanting to give my notice in then and there but not wanting to rush into it and do it Sunday instead once I've thought it through.

I got back from lunch to be told I could have the day off. I apoligised to the guy I had the argument with, mainly because I thought he was a decent guy, but in my twisted sense of anger when doing recovery and putting chav rag shit back on the hangers mulling over what had happened that he just bull shitted me right and proper and that I still wanted to quit the place, but would see how I feel after christmas. I did not handle the situation in the best way, but hell I got what I wanted, and made a stand to management, show them I couldn't be fucking used (not the first time, I've been persuaded into working 7:30 starts on Sunday, I did two, hated myself for doing it, manager tried to convince me to do it, in this glorious style "what time you in tomorrow?" "9" "7:30?" "No, 9" "7:10?" "9" "7:30?" "9!" "7:30?" "9" "7:30?" "9" "7:30?" "9" "7:30?" "NINE" What have you got a night on the sauce?" No, I just don't want to work 7:30!). So yes, I'm not proud of the way I handled it, but bloody hell I'm pissed off with the place and secretly suspect that the only reason they let me have the day off (as if I can call it a fucking day off) was because the amount of staff that I've seen leave since I've started means they need anyone they can get who will stay working there. Well don't count on me for too long. I'm embarassed enough I've spent over 3 months there.

No comments: