Saturday 16 December 2006

I just want to fuck off home

Hello there blog, it's the end of term for uni students, I wanted to end my term in a glorious merry hyperactive (almost nobish) drunken state, sadly I've ended this term with just stress. I'm full of flu, which is always a fun thing to blog about. My loyal readers can identify with the character of me and say "Yes, I've been full of flu before, it's like we have a connection" well I'm sorry but we don't, I'm just scrounging for some sympathy here.

The last day of term (friday) consisted of me doing a presentation, I muppetishly put myself down to do my persentation on the last day of term, the day when over half the class is sciving and I could have been one of them. I managed to get through my presentation withouth coughing or spluttering much. Huzzah.

Then I lay in bed all afternoon, or lay around somewhere, can't remember specifically, it was definetly in the student house of dreams. Then in the evening we did our secret santa for our house where someone thoughtfully brought me that book. The ginger survival guide Dan told me about via the glorious medium of blogging back in July. It's a little insulting as I suspected and keeps using the baffling word of ginner. What's a ginner? Who calls people of my kind a ginner? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Well it was a house party at my friends house that evening, and damm it if my flu was gonna get in the way. Sadly it did. I didn't much feel like drinking and making an arse of myself, I felt I had to drink the drinks I'd managed to scrounge, but struggled to find the strength to start drinking a warm stella. Ugh. I left at a just bit before midnight with a headache and a general feeling of dissapointment at how my last day of term had ended.

I phoned in sick to work at the place that must not be named today, about 70% of my reasoning was that I was feeling ill, and another 30% was that I didn't want to go into after... well reasons listed (more like ranted) in a previous blog, scroll down my hos. I got a "don't let me down" from the manager on the other end of the phone. Sadly I'm defaultly polite in a sober state and just said "I'm sorry". I'd prefer to have spewed in hindsight "Well you've got christmas temporary staff... Oh wait, no you haven't because most of the christmas temporary staff at the shit hole have left after a couple of weeks, you're understaffed, you're screwed, hopefully I'll stay working at your shit organisation long enough till christmas day, but don't hold your breath". I must stress I didn't say that down the phone, no matter how tempting it maybe to do in future. Say tommorow, when I phone in sick again.

Which sums up my feelings at the moment, I want to quit work get out of Reading and be able to fuck off home back to Sussex for a few weeks. Would make me a lot fucking happier.

Oh yes and be less full of flu as well would be super.

No comments: