Thursday 28 December 2006

Photo Montage Time! (PMT)

A new leaf is turning for the ramble shambles, I'm going all arty farty, but mixed with self deprication, if I was willingly capable of mixing the two phrases I'd called it self arty farty deprication, but that's a mouthful so I'm going to avoid it. I present for my arty farty fans a super photo collage of my village Crawley Down
Now some artists might want to avoid crap views of their subjects, not this young budding ginger photographer. I'm not scared to mix the grim (the new indian in the village) with the pompus (the fucking cannon that is for some reason in my old primary school). But I'm not scared of tackling the issues, such as including a photo of estate agent signs, which quite obviously is commentry on the raising house prices in the south east and illustrating that this bubble will burst by showing some estate agent signs collapsed. Powerful stuff, sure some artists might hide away from explaining the subtext, but not me. I've also included my cat looking, as if he is looking in on the village, he's in the centre looking around, with a contrasting pic of inside the room with the shot of the plant. It's all about contrast folks! And some budding nit picking photographers out there may be quick to pick apart at the appalling photos, some of them may be blurred, but in a way I wanted to capture a very real aspect of the village, it's buzzing village, and also show the type of people who live in the village (alot of people who work at Gatwick only 7 miles away) by sort of getting a jetplane type fuel smudging effect over the photos. Powerful stuff.

More arty farty stuff coming soon when I next get inspired.

No comments: