Wednesday 20 December 2006

Art Attack Time!

My student procascination continues even when term has ended, look for yourself below at a deliciously abstract ink (I don't do pencil) sketching of my kitche
But don't just look at the sketch for itself, why you need explanations from the artist (i.e. Me)

I symbolically (Or as I prefer to say symbollocks) used a squiggle to show the mess that needs to be washed up, I could have gone into specifics with that part, but I prefer to leave it to the viewers imagination to picture just what exactly needs washing up in a student house. Did someone suggest a dildo? Hey I just draw and leave you to imagine!

I deliberatly ended up draw the kitchen floor over the freezer to imply that the crap in a student freezer should just be left on the floor, stuff like chicken nuggets, fish fingers and corn on the cob. But the beauty of my picture leaves it open to multiple interpretations such as could it have been a mistake? Which it might of been.

Look at the boiler, does the perpective on it look fucked or does infact the boiler look like it's bursting struggling to heat a house? Maybe both. Is it a message about the poor maintenance of student houses? Oh it could be. Points for you for recognising that.

And look at the grosly out of proportion tap with not sketching looking like it was put in as an after thought. It speaks volumes about the student, showing that drinking water is an afterthought after drinking too much and coming close to throwing up.

Of course there are litearlly dozens of meanings that could be taken from the pic, but I hope as the artist I have opened your eyes to appreciate a bit more than just looking at a 10 minute sketch for the hell of it and seeing a biting satire on student life.

Neil Buchanan would be proud if he could see me now.

No comments: